Friday, September 28, 2012

For Karen, Wherever She May Be

 

Back in Grade 7 there was a girl that I was interested in but who wouldn't give me the time of day, despite my best efforts (Valentines cards, freshly picked flowers, passing her the answers to tests, etc.) . She only had eyes for a beatnik twit named Mark. I finally asked her what she saw in Mark, and she said it was because he was a musician, and terribly cool. I pointed out that I was (at the time) the church organist. She pointed out that Mark played the guitar, and you couldn't bring a piano, much less a pipe organ, to the beach and sit around a camp fire. Keyboard instruments, she said, were strictly for parlours; indoor stuff and not cool. You go to a piano to play it, but with a guitar, you can play anywhere.

Not to be outdone by some hippy-dippy guitar playing ne'er-do-well, I present this short clip demonstrating just how cool and portable pianos can be.

 

No comments: